Starting Over Again
Directed By: Olivia M. Lamasan
Starring: Toni Gonzaga, Piolo Pascual, and Iza Calzado
Paalala:Ang lahat ng inyong mababasa ay opinyon lamang. Hindi ako binabayaran upang magbigay ng kritisismo o papuri sa pelikulang ito. Maraming salamat po.
*Kung hindi niyo pa nasisilayan ang pelikula, mangyari lamang iclose ang page na ito o kaya naman ay panoorin niyo muna bago basahin. Baka batuhin niyo ako ng tinapay dahil magmimistulang “spoiler” ito sa inyong kasabikan.
First of all, gusto kong pasalamatan si Bb. Olivia M. Lamasan para sa obra maestrang ito. Nakatutuwa na hindi ito gaya ng mga pipitsuging palabas sa TV at sinehan. The movie is not your typical love story and I love the idea of it as a non-stereotype.
I consider this a non-stereotype because:
- Ginny didn’t end up with Marco.
- Marco chose Patty over Ginny.
- Patty might be quiet but she’s really strong and confident.
- Beb is not your common friend who will stay by your side. She left Ginny and made her realize the truth. She didn’t gave up the friendship. She was really bothered by the fact that her best friend is a smart and wise woman but extremely stupid over her ex who is in love with someone else.
- Wella called herself stupid because of hope and convinced Ginny that hope will eventually kill her emotionally.
- Ginny is an intelligent woman who is afraid to experience the same love story that her parents went through. She kept her fear that Marco seems to have no fixed and effective plans in life.
- Marco didn’t end up as a loser. He moved on and made himself better with a positive mindset. He became adventurous and experimented with his first love, on being a chef.
- Ginny’s father is not the typical daddy on movies/TV. He didn’t ask for anything because he was too weak to face the fact that he’s not being man enough which is why his wife left him.
- Patty’s open-mindedness made me realize that when you really love someone, you don’t just give up because of one mistake. That love should be greater and there must always be a great allowance to every mistake your partner makes.
- Ginny is not your typical schoolgirl. She studied hard so that in the future, her dreams will not be too far to reach. She balanced love and life well enough.
- Ginny was brave enough to ask Patty on how sure she is in her relationship with Marco.
- Marco made the right decision. He realized that sometimes people fall in love with memories and not with the person. When the pain flashes back, everything comes back as well. All the love, happiness, bitterness, and hatred. He explained to Ginny that they met because they need to close the last chapter of their book.
- Here’s the funny part, when Ginny crossed paths with Vhong Navarro (as a greedy chef), Luis Manzano (as a gay professor), and Sam Milby (as a married engineer.) The best part? When Toni Gonzaga’s real life boyfriend enters the scene and acted really sweet towards Ginny.
All in all, I give this movie a thumbs up! The characters were all great and they were all feeling it! I love how it is not stereotype. I love how the characters clashed with each other. This movie made me realize a lot of things. Bilang isang newbie sa serious relationship, saludo ako sa pelikulang ito.
- Kung talagang mahal mo ang isang tao, dapat honest ka parati sa kanya. Kahit gaano kasakit, kailangan ipagtapat mo sa kanya kung ano ang nakikita at nararamdaman mo. Kapag naglihim ka, asahan mo na sa’yo rin babalik ang lahat— may kasama pang pagsisisi sa huli. Paano kung hindi ikaw ang piliin niya? Sakit di ba!?
- Kung talagang mahal mo ang isang tao, dapat palagi kang magsstrive to for the better. Huwag kang masatisfy na masaya ka ngayon, na maginhawa ang buhay mo ngayon. Bigyan mo ng importance ang edukasyon dahil iba pa rin ang nakapagtapos. Kung tutuparin mo na rin lang ang pangarap mo, bakit hindi mo pa lubusin?
- Kung talagang mahal mo ang isang tao, matuto kang tanggapin na hindi na ikaw ang mahal niya. Hindi naman ibig sabihin na mahal mo pa siya ay maaari mo nang ipilit sa kanya na mahalin ka rin niya.
- Kung talagang mahal mo ang isang tao at confident ka na mahal ka rin niya, huwag kang magpatalo sa sabi-sabi ng iba. Ipaglaban mo. Ipakita mo ang rason kung bakit ka minahal.
- Ang edukadang babae ay dapat maging matalino rin pagdating sa pag-ibig.
- Ang tunay na lalaki, matalino at marunong umiyak. Aminado ka dapat na nasaktan o nasasaktan ka pa rin.
- Ang tunay na lalaki ay dapat tapat at matapang na harapin ang mga pagkakamaling nagawa niya.
- Ang tunay na lalaki ay dapat marunong pumili ng tama at mag-isip ng para sa ikapapayapa ng lahat at hindi lamang sa ikagiginhawa ng buhay niya.
Sa totoo lang, there are a lot of things that I learned from this movie. Hindi ko kayang isa-isahin. Nagustuhan ko ang movie at isa ito sa mga memorable na napanood ko. Salamat sa experience!
Young writers should read books past bedtime and write things down in notebooks when they are supposed to be doing something else.